The Management and highly trained staff with respect to the environment through continuous energy upgrade of its facilities and services offered to each guest the true experience of Greek hospitality.
The hotel SONIA VILLAGE Family Resort participating in the Green Tourism program, by improving the environmental performance and energy upgradeability represented Greece and was awarded the first prize "RELACS 2013" for Green Energy in Tourism, on March 8, 2013 at an event held in Berlin under the International Tourism Fair "ITB Berlin 2013".
Α range of energy efficiency improvements to the hotel, to reduce its impact on the environment:
• solar thermal systems for domestic hot water
• replacement of previous A/C split-type units without inverter with new ones
(with inverter) of A+++ energy class
• replacement of old boilers with new high efficiency ones
• Replace incandescent bulbs with fluorescent bulbs
• Installation of magnetic card that saves up to 80% of energy consumption in rooms.
• Replace refrigerators TUV CERT certification and in accordance with ISO
9001: 2000 with low power consumption.
• Water saving technology by placing new shower heads and putting economy nozzles.
• Installation of plastic wheeled recycling bins for glass, paper, plastic.